Hilton Sous Chef in Da Nang City, Vietnam
The Sous Chef oversees the daily operation of the Kitchen assisting the Executive Chef in maintaining quality food products and services for the Hilton Hotel. The Sous Chef is in charge of Food quality/production and hygiene as presentation of food served in his kitchen section with obeying all instructions and guide lines given assigned by the Executive Chef or Executive sous chef.
At Hilton, our promise is “to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected”, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
- Cooks and Supervises kitchen staff in the proper preparation, cooking and garnishment of various menu Items.
- Assist the Ex.Chef to maintain the food cost at the budget.
- Responsible to do the kitchen monthly inventory assist by the cost controller in his section
- Assist the Ex.Chef in the creation and planning of menus and implement changes to continue to attract business.
- Reports any equipment in need of repair to Ex.Chef and engineering for service.
- Ensure that the roaster of his staff is done properly and on time for approval.
- Ensure all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner through positive transactions between Kitchen and F&B Service associates, and that all Hilton standards are being applied.
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Ensure all Kitchen quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure to be present in the kitchen pass during the service to make sure of the quality of the product send to the guest
- Able to assist with making changes that respond to the marketplace and to guest needs, both present and anticipated.
- Assist with the implementation of kitchen plans send by Executive chef.
- Directing, training and development of associates with an eye toward maximum associates’ satisfaction, productivity and guest satisfaction and assist in new-hire and process on-going training for them
- Assist in the timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Develop formal training plans and conducts on-the-job training sessions for kitchen employees
- Develop positive attitude on job skills, knowledge, autonomy and creativity of the staff
- Provide them the basis of working in a kitchen in order to increase their qualification and culinary knowledge
- Adapt to their capacities and aptitudes
- Respect the needs and individuality of the staff
- Develop their self-confidence
- Develop kitchen staffs skills on delegation
- Completes other reasonable duties and services as assigned by the Executive Chef
- Be well versed and knowledgeable of Hilton Hotels Da Nang’s Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure employees are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
- Uphold the Hilton blue energy culture by demonstrating the Hilton Hotels Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
- Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and related to Hilton Hotels Policies
What are we looking for?
The Sous Chef serving Hilton Hotels is working on behalf of our Guest and working with our team members, to successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude behaviors, skills and values that follow:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English/Vietnamese)
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must have computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services, and facilities.
- High school, diploma in hospitality or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Asian & Western & pastry & international Culinary Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum seven to ten years’ experience in Kitchen Operations, including at least four years as Chef de Partie or 1 year as sous chef with supervisory experience in a quality rated Hotel/Resort required.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Sous Chef
Requisition ID: HOT04RMP