Hilton General Manager - Conrad Ft. Lauderdale Beach in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
A General Manager is responsible for managing daily hotel operations and providing overall leadership in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- 250 Guest Rooms
- 15,000 square foot of meeting space
- Full service 3,400 square foot spa and fitness center
- Three distinctive dining options including ocean front restaurant and lounge, pool bar & grill and a gourmet bakery.
What will I be doing?
As the General Manager, you would be responsible for managing daily hotel operations and providing overall leadership in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead, direct and manage all hotel operations including, but not limited to hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, leading service initiatives, leading and managing balanced scorecard performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, leading and developing the executive team, responding to guests inquiries and resolving concerns and hotel-wide meeting participation and facilitation
- Ensure guest and team member satisfaction
- Monitor and develop team member performance, particularly the executive team and department heads, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
- Serve as primary liaison with hotel owners and corporate entities
What are we looking for?
- Ability to attract, motivate, lead, inspire and direct a talented team
- Minimum of ten years of work experience in the hotel industry, with a multi-disciplinary background
- 5 years’ experience as a General Manager, Hotel Manager or equivalent managing luxury resort properties
- 2 years’ experience leading a property with multiple dining outlets, including fine dining, and banquet facilities
- Experience managing complex owner relationships
- Experience in a leadership role managing $30M annual revenue with 200 rooms
- Excellent communication skills, public speaking, written and oral, with the ability to customize the message to the audience (guest, team member, owner, and other stakeholders
- Pre-opening experience
- Local market expertise
- Global experience advantageous, working cross culturally with guests and team members
- Experience managing a condo hotel
- Ability to communicate in other languages
- Experience managing luxurious spa experiences and recreational programs
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: General Manager/Hotel Manager
Title: General Manager - Conrad Ft. Lauderdale Beach
Requisition ID: HOT06Y1J