Hilton Conference and Events Porter - Hilton Glasgow in Glasgow, United Kingdom
Looking to join a culture of excellence and be part of the mostrecognised name in the hospitality industry?
“We are Hilton! We are Hospitality!”
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningfulopportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Greatplaces to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey ofself-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Why join the Hilton family as a Conference and Events Porter?
- “It’s your world”– Your next role could be as aTeam Leader, or why not move into a different department like Front Office,Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
- Personal Development programmes for Waiters, Supervisors and Managers
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50%F&B discounts
- Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme,discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
Service charge and tip What will I be doing?
Set up meeting and event rooms
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Knowledge of menu content, menu changes, and promotional activities
- Ensure the Conference and Banqueting areas are kept clean and tidy
- Ensure Refreshment breaks are served at the correct times
- Able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar,Restaurant, Room Service and Conference and Events
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Follow cash handling procedures, if requiredBreakfast shifts usually start between 6am and 7am and Bar andConference and Events may finish between 11pm and 2am.
What are we looking for?
As a Conference and Events Porter you will work 5 days per week,including, but not always, weekends and bank holidays.
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Ability to work on your own or in teams To apply for this role
We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come backto you within the next 2 weeks. If you are successful, you will be invited foran interview followed by a trial shift.
- In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require allapplicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.Documentation will be required at interview stage
Please notify us if youhave any criminal convictions or cases pending
Job: Convention and Event Services
Title: Conference and Events Porter - Hilton Glasgow
Requisition ID: HOT05RDN