Hilton Restaurant Manager - Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu, Hawaii
A Restaurant Manager is responsible for directing and organizing the activities and services of a hotel food and beverage outlet (restaurant, lounge, room service, coffee shop, etc.) in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Restaurant Manager, you would be responsible for directing and organizing the activities and services of a hotel food and beverage outlet (restaurant, lounge, room service, coffee shop, etc.) in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all outlet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess product and service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Initiate and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote restaurant food and beverage and services and to maximize overall revenue
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of outlet offerings, products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Recruit, interview and train team members
Any combination of education, training or experience equivalent that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High School diploma required. College degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management preferred.
One year experience as a manager or assistant manager of restaurant operations in a high volume restaurant. Must have flexible availability.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission blue card. Ability to obtain certificate of completion for Honolulu Liquor Commission Server-Training program. CPR Certification required. First Aid Training preferred. Must successfully pass credit history.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with employees and customers, understand reports and related correspondence and accurately perform all essential job functions.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to manage a large staff and apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct employees, coach, train and discipline, as necessary.
- Writing ability to compose various letters and document various reports, forms and orders, using correct grammar and appropriate vocabulary.
- Ability to walk, stands, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to move up to 100 lbs., with wheeled assistance.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift lighter objects overhead.
- Ability to input and retrieve information from a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to use various office equipment, including, but not limited to, typewriters, calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Restaurant Manager - Hilton Hawaiian Village
Requisition ID: HOT05PSI