Hilton Senior Copywriter in Memphis, Tennessee
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Copywriter (SC) you will be responsible for the creation, migration and governance of editorial content on Hilton’s digital channels. You will create clear, concise, logically ordered and user-focused content that resonates with customers, adheres to brand standards, and is search engine optimized. The SC will provide strategic editorial direction for sites produced by the Design, Delivery Development team (D3), and the wider organization (Content Ops, Content Strategy & DPI) as required.
More specifically, you will:
- Organize and lead content discovery and audit sessions.
- Liaise with product and business partners to ensure collection of all pertinent information.
- Utilize positive partnerships to engage with Research & Optimization and CRM teams to ensure users’ content needs and expectations are met.
- Coordinate with Design, UX, Development and Client Services.
- Create sitemaps and content architecture documents.
- Generate creative and groundbreaking online content by direct copywriting or copyediting.
- Refine and deliver copy in appropriate format and brand styles.
- Ensure copy makes full use of marketing skills when copywriting or copy-editing, ensuring all text is targeted specifically for the appropriate market and maximizing dynamic and innovative sales techniques.
- Proofread content prior to publishing.
- Aid with gathering and defining project requirements on assigned projects.
- Provide complete project status to project managers and functional leads.
- Actively engage in internal reviews to ensure products meet business and user objectives.
- Interpret and respond to queries from hotels, area teams or e-Commerce managers regarding copywriting and online content.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Capacity to prioritize contending tasks and effectively handle challenging workload
- Ability to identify and solution for dynamic problems
- Passionate about communicating effectively skills through various channels
- Unwavering, committed and persuasive when required
- Ability to work calmly in high stress situations and complete work to Hilton standard within agreed deadlines
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of copywriting experience
- Experience with UX standard methodologies
- Web marketing experience
- Working knowledge of content management systems
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related discipline
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Information Technology/Systems
Title: Senior Copywriter
Requisition ID: INF010AZ