Hilton Maintenance Engineer (Carpenter) - Arizona Biltmore Resort in Phoenix, Arizona
The Beautiful & Iconic Arizona Biltmore Resort is looking for a (Full-Time / AM) Carpenter. Come be a part of this amazing team, and work for one of Hilton’s Waldorf Astoria Luxury Properties.
Looking for someone with open availability to work 8 hour shifts that start & end time may vary based of business needs. Primary shifts will be AM / First Shift, Sunday – Thursday and generally have Friday - Saturdays off. Ability to work Second and Third shifts is required to fill in when needed. Must be able to work holidays and weekends.(Schedule is subject to change based on business needs).
- First Shift (7:30am - 4pm)
- Second Shift (3:30pm - 12am)
- Third Shift (11:30pm - 8am)
The starting pay is 16.99 per/hour and will come with a full comprehensive benefit package along with great travel benefits for you and your family members to enjoy discounted!
Hilton has been ranked 3 years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the Best Places to Work in the United States! What are you waiting for? Please read the information below, and submit your application!
What will I be doing?
A Carpenter is responsible for constructing, maintaining and dismantling structures, furniture, woodwork and other related items, to ensure an attractive and well maintained facility. Perform repair and maintenance tasks in support of quality standards encompassing a variety of skills of the different Building trades, including, but not limited to carpentry, stone masonry, Tile setting, masonry, Metal work, Roofing, and Mill work. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Maintain and repair doors, furniture, hardware, windows, hang art work and headboards, etc. Visually inspect, diagnose problems, take measurements and make necessary adjustments to items such as door hardware to ensure safe, smooth operation of guestrooms, public space and back of house facilities. This will involve the extension of arms to replace ceiling tiles, lifting and positioning of sheetrock, replacing chair rails and corner moldings, kneeling to repair wood floors and Formica work. Work in confined spaces and awkward positions, requiring crouching, kneeling, stooping and reaching overhead for extended periods of time is required.
- Perform shop work to repair or build furniture. Identify types and grades of wood, measure and be familiar with hardware materials available to the carpentry trade. Experiences in using shop equipment such as; table saw, drill press, band saw, electric planner and router are required. With the materials and tools available, build cabinets, shelving units and fabricate furniture parts for repairs.
- Respond to customer/office requests throughout the facility by telephone, 2-way radio, or in person, using clear, verbal English, in the basic trades of carpentry, masonry, mechanical work to make necessary repairs and/or to accommodate the customers’/offices’ needs in a timely and courteous manner.
- Obtain work order from Property Operations Office. Following completion of shift log, describe work assigned and completed, logging unfinished jobs following established procedures.
- Inform supervisor of needed supplies and equipment through written or verbal communication.
- Must also complete other duties as requested by manager.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Keywords: (Carpenter, Maintenance, Engineering, Hotel, Resort, Customer Service, Phoenix, Labor, Hospitality, Maintenance, Mantenimiento, Construction, Carpintero)
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Title: Maintenance Engineer (Carpenter) - Arizona Biltmore Resort
Requisition ID: HOT05M9A