Hilton Director, External Affairs, GCM in Shanghai, China
With 14 world-class brands across more than 104 countries, Hilton has set the benchmark for hospitality across the world fornearly 100 years. We are looking for a consumer and digital communications lead to develop and deliver strategic consumer anddigital communications for APAC.
The Senior Director, Communications & Corporate Affairs - India is responsible for developing and delivering a wide ranging corporate affairs strategy for India – with oversight of corporate (internal/external) and consumer communications, corporate responsibility and government affairs.
What will I be doing?
As Senior Director, Communications & Corporate Affairs - India, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Influence corporate strategy and direction as a member of the India Executive Committee and global corporate affairs leadership team.
- Provide strategic counsel to the Country Head of India and members of the senior team, at a global and regional level, including functional leaders.
- Manage, inspire and develop the hotel and cluster communications teams at a property level.
From a communications standpoint:
develop a full range of internal and external communication strategies and initiatives to support the company’s strategic priorities (both globally and regionally).
- develop strategies and tactics for owned/earned and paid for media across the portfolio of 15 owned/managed/franchised hotels in India and the 18 in the pipeline.
- create and manage new channels of communicating with the company’s audiences, including social media, being more creative with the content being produced and enabling stronger engagement with target audiences.
create high levels of engagement with key audiences and ensure alignment with global and regional campaigns and messaging.
From a corporate responsibility standpoint:
develop and review corporate responsibility strategies and initiatives, ensuring they deliver high business impact.
From a government affairs standpoint:
Build relationships with government officials in provinces where Hilton has hotel operations or planned development to ensure that provincial policies are aligned with the needs of our business.
- Enhance the visibility and influence of Hilton with government officials in relevant agencies of government and work to ensure that national policies are aligned with business needs.
Monitor and influence development of legislation and regulations of interest to Hilton properties.
Lead all relevant issues management process and communications in India and informs the relevant senior team and global corporate communications as appropriate.
- Own business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the corporate affairs department for India.
- Lead on key global initiatives as appropriate and agreed with the leadership group.
- Manage and maintain key relationships inside and outside the company.
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day activity providing guidance, support, assessing performance and managing their development.
- Direct supplier network across India – ensuring optimal functioning and efficiency of network.
- Accountable for return on invested capital and time resources.
- Responsible for corporate affairs work across cultures and markets.
- Have total visibility - and responsibility for India corporate affairs spend, set budgets and agree targets.
- Responsible for the review of activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results.
What are we looking for?
A Senior Director, Communications & Corporate Affairs - India serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- University level qualification in communications/digital communications related degree.
- Professional certificates in communications/digital communications related degree (preferred).
- Minimum of ten years of experience in digital communications and project management.
- Six or more years of management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of working with multi-faceted teams and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Extensive and successful writing and editing experience (externally and internal both) with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Creative and experienced on how new media technologies can be utilized with an in-depth knowledge of communicating through Digital and Social media.
- Manage all social media communication and ensure all marketing collaterals: websites, brochures, reports, presentations are up-to-date.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple, high-level projects simultaneously.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts toextended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest inaccommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guestexperiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team tocreate remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Communications and Public Relations
Title: Director, External Affairs, GCM
Requisition ID: APA0136F