Hilton Senior Finance Manager, Pre-Openings - Greater China and Mongolia in Shanghai, China
The Senior Finance Manager Pre-Openings will have the overall responsibility of managing the hotel preopening process as assigned, and be responsible for coordinating with on-property leaders to deliver successful hotel openings.
Key responsibilities include:
• Be the first point of contact with Owners during preopening prior to appointment of Financial Controller to deal with finance related issues.
• Engage with local government and tax authorities to establish / facilitate the local requirements for licensing, company setup, and tax.
• With HR and Hotel GM, prepare hotel-preopening budgets as required by management agreement.
• Support and train hotel opening finance teams in Hilton policies and systems.
• Review on a regular basis Finance preopening critical path, report progress to regional leaders and highlight potential risks.
• Provide hands on support during the systems implementation and during transition to opening phase to ensure the finance function operates as per Hilton requirements and standards.
• Provide interim coverage for preopening hotels in the absence of a hotel Financial Controller as well as advise on task force if requirements.
• Support ad-hoc projects with subject matter expertise and implementation support within the region as required, including select updating of models and preopening documentation material.
• Provide any additional support to APAC Finance and functions as determined by the Finance Leadership Team.
•Minimum of 2 to 3 years as hotel Financial Controller/ Assistant Financial Controller, ideally with Hilton experience.
•Able to communicate effectively in both Mandarin and English language.
•Prior experience of hotel openings.
•Sound knowledge of Sun, ONQ, SCM / Check EAM, HRIS.
•Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing, including ability to interact at all levels of management.
•Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
•Willingness to travel – as this role will require a fair degree of traveling around the region.
Title: Senior Finance Manager, Pre-Openings - Greater China and Mongolia
Requisition ID: APA0136B