Hilton Account Executive, Big Events, Associations and Conventions (BEAC) HWS in Watford, United Kingdom
The purpose of the position is to manage a portfolio of clients selling Hilton Worldwide properties and destinations, working under the direction and guidance of the Director of Sales. The primary role for this position is increase productivity of existing relationships. A requirement will also be to organise and participate in other sales initiatives such as client Training, Workshops and Roadshows.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
You will manage an assigned portfolio of clients in HWS/ASO office, increasing business and productivity from them.
Planning Activities 30%
• Researches and helps to identify business opportunities for Hilton Worldwide Hotels and reports findings to management accordingly.
• Development, design and calculation of attractive offers for travel agencies and/or companies with the support of the Director of Sales.
• Planning, co-ordination and implementing of all sales trips in the designated territory by agreement with the Director of Sales in the most efficient and optimal way.
• Identification of potential new accounts and assuring the corresponding sales activities to win these customers.
Organising Activities 40%
• Works with key stakeholders and departments structuring activities and resources so overall objectives are met.
• Adheres to measurements of ROI to ensure overall effectiveness
• Implements the use of basic sales techniques / principles as set out in the Commercial College and Hilton loyalty programs.
• Co-ordination and implementation of the segment sales activities and strategy with the aim of optimal room occupancy and high accommodation revenues, together with concern of the costs involved and in line with the hotel business
• Develops relationships and partnerships with key accounts, prospective account and other accounts in the determined territory or beyond if not yet allocated within the sales team
• Maintains and develops the production of Key Accounts through searching all opportunities available at all levels within the company through Total Account Management
• Develops Key Prospect Accounts to Key Accounts within a year through monitoring the share given to the hotel compared to the competition through applying 9 step principles
• Plans regular visits to accounts
• To present the Hilton Worldwide hotels in a professional manner towards negotiating partners in line with Hilton’s Values.
• To reach agreed goals and to deliver incremental revenue for all Hilton Worldwide hotels.
Controlling Activities 30%
• Oversees proper controls and systems to ensure performance
• Assesses actual performance to ensure success and takes corrective actions
• Ensures business plan is followed and achieved providing feedback as necessary
• Enforces policies and procedures to improve overall operations and effectiveness. Ensure Terms & Conditions negotiated with customers are checked / validated by Legal where necessary
• Operates within prescribed budget parameters
• Support Director of Sales to ensure accurate communication of sales promotions and information that relevant people in each hotel receives copies
• Coordinate any required administrative work in terms of reporting of figures, account forecasts and drawing up account development plans within the time frame given and the quality expected.
• Ensures permanent observation of the market and competitors, involvement in drawing up analysis of competitors (rates, trends, customers, product changes and market statistics, to be shared with the team.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Participates in industry events and represents Hilton Worldwide at national and international specialist trade fairs and workshops, agreed by the Director of Sales.
• Updates Sales Manual and other department related documents.
• Comply with all policies, systems and procedures as laid down by the Director of Sales and Hilton Worldwide.
• The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated, in a reasonable framework.
• Additional supportive functions as appropriate
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Good presentation skills.
• Persuading and influencing skills.
• Strong in account management
• Good knowledge of market segments and pricing strategies
• Understanding of competition and marketing strategies
• Able to manage conflict.
• Good in interpreting and analysing data.
• Effective collaborative skills to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Understanding of sales process; tools, measurements and systems.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like Hilton.
• University degree or experience in lieu
• Some work experience in related roles
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Advanced degree preferred
• Experience of the hospitality industry experience preferred in Sales, Marketing, Revenue or Operating roles
Job: Sales and Marketing
Title: Account Executive, Big Events, Associations and Conventions (BEAC) HWS
Requisition ID: EUR013NJ